An oral cancer screening from our dentist, Dr. Glenn A. MacFarlane, DMD, can provide you with peace of mind. And, if our screening detects an abnormality, we can work with you to begin treatment and create a positive outcome for your smile and your health. If you would like to schedule an oral cancer screening in Red Bank, New Jersey, call The Center for Holistic Dental Medicine today at (732) 517-7785 for quality, compassionate care.
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat (pharynx), sinuses, and hard and soft palate. Oral cancer can be life-threatening. Oral cancers can most often be treated successfully when detected in the early stages. Unfortunately, it is not detected until it has progressed into a more severe and advanced stage and is more challenging to treat in most cases.
The Center for Holistic Dental Medicine is dedicated to detecting and treating oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage. Our dentist and team will do an oral cancer screening to check for the signs of oral cancer during your routine dental cleanings and exams and discuss your treatment plan.
The most common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- A constant sore throat or the feeling that something is embedded at the back of the throat
- Unusual mouth bleeding
- A persistent sore that bleeds on the face, mouth, or neck and does not heal within two weeks
- Notable lack of pain or numbness in the face, mouth, or neck
- Unusual lumps and bumps, or rough spots on lips, gums, or other areas in the mouth
- White patches, red or speckled red patches in the mouth
- Difficulty in speaking, chewing food, or swallowing
- A noticeable change in how your teeth or your dentures fit together
While our team will perform a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms, we encourage you to contact us if you notice any of these problems or experience any other type of dental pain. We are committed to helping you stay in good health.
We encourage you to contact us if you notice any of these problems or experience any other type of dental pain. Request an appointment at The Center for Holistic Dental Medicine to schedule a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms. We are located at 211 Broad Street, Suite 106, and accept new and established patients and families looking for the best holistic care in the area. We are committed to helping you stay in good health.