To restore your smile in a healthy way, we offer metal-free dental crowns in Red Bank, New Jersey. Dr. Glenn A. MacFarlane uses mercury-free materials to place crowns that look as natural as your own teeth, without the risk of metal that may interfere with your health. All crowns placed in our office are 100% ceramic or zirconia. With any questions, we hope you will contact our helpful dental team and make an appointment with our dentist. You can reach us at 732-530-4020. We are dedicated to your whole health at The Center for Holistic Dental Medicine, so please call us now!
A dental crown, or cap, is a restoration that can be used for a number of purposes. One of the most common uses of a dental crown is to restore a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed. The crown is custom made to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to restore the tooth to its original shape and size.
Your smile may benefit from a crown if a tooth is damaged or decayed to the point that a dental filling will not provide a successful restoration. Crowns can also be used for a number of other restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
- To protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- To anchor and attach a dental bridge
- To cover and complete a dental implant
- To enhance the beauty of your smile
- To improve a misshapen tooth
- To strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened
- To support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
To find out whether a dental crown is right for you, we welcome you to contact us today!